Monday, October 18, 2010

New windows

The front of our house looks a little different. Instead of three small windows in the living room, we now have this: Kev and I bit the bullet this summer and ordered new windows for the main floor. We desperately needed new windows. The original vinyl windows leaked badly, and a couple wouldn't open and one (our bedroom window) broke last winter as we tried to close it.

Not very energy efficient. So, this summer, the first of July, we ordered Renewal by Anderson Windows. And, upgraded our three small living room windows to a nice big bay window. They were installed the week of my surgery. (great timing.)
Now, we can sit by the window and hear the waterfall run into the pond. and we can watch the fish swim in the pond.

And then there's this view...we've already spent hours sitting in the bay window, enjoying the view.


Yeah, it just sucks.
We stained the oak trim yesterday and put some poly on it. We're now trying to figure out what kind of window treatment to get because we both like to see out, but at times, even we need to be able to shut the curtains. Who know's what might happen in the living room! And I need to make a cushion for the seat. Which will be a first for me!
I think it was a worthwhile investment. Especially when I'm sitting in the bay window, enjoying the view.



1 comment:

Ranch Wife said...

What a great window and view! That's the one thing this old house has - good, big wiindows. It took me 4 years to put any curtains up because I like the windows so much, Finally got curtains up - just never really close except on the west side of the house when the sun comes pouring in in the afternoon because it gets hot. I am envious of your pond!