Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Heaven

Not many women can spend over 4 hours in a sporting goods store and not be bored. Saturday, needing to get away, we went on a road trip. Wound up 200 miles away, at Sidney, NE at the original Cabela's store. Heaven.

We looked at dehydrators, at bows, at releases, at jerkey guns and seasonings, at camo clothing at binoculars, at games, t-shirts, fish, at everything! Over 4 hours! Yes, we spent a bundle, but it was all stuff we needed. All stuff we wanted. Stuff we'll use over and over again.

Biggest items we got were the binoculars with digital camera (for me to take a picture of Big Boy next fall--right before I shoot him!) Camo insulated coveralls for Andy (men's size medium--that boy has got to slow down on the growing) Camo sunglasses for Kev (a suprise from me, cause he's wanted them for YEARS) and a fishing gameboy game for Miss Kat (a fishin gal, made her daddy's day.)

Now, I can tell you I had more fun in Cabela's than I ever would a mall. Malls---ick, ick, yuck. How many gals can honestly say that?

1 comment:

tosin said...

For us it's Best Buy. DH and I can go to that store and spend the afternoon. We love all things electronic and are gadget geeks.

~toemi~