Tuesday, April 11, 2006

random thoughts

Today's weather is what I wanted for our wedding 11 years ago.

It's a beautiful spring day, the crabapple trees are starting to bud, the blowering pear trees are budding. Lilacs are leafing out and will bloom in a few short weeks. No wind. It's just bright, sunny, and beautiful. It even smells like spring.

Our wedding day wasn't this nice. It was cool, cloudy, and windy. I so wanted a beautiful spring day for my wedding. But instead, I got a beautiful wedding on a spring day.

-------

Kev is just about packed for his Spring Turkey Hunt. He leaves tonight. He'll be gone until Sunday. He'll miss our anniversery. I'm ok with that. We don't wait to celebrate our marriage on just our anniversery. We both work at finding time to do things together. We've decided to try to go on a weekend get-away sometime "soon." I think we've narrowed it down to two spots. Just need to decide when. We haven't gone somewhere alone since...well, since our overnight stay at the hotel on our 5th anniversery. It's time.

-------

I decided over the weekend that Kev must really love me--I mentioned that I'd love to figure out how to fence the north pasture for the goats. We've got lots of weeds there, and they are natural weed eliminators. So, he sat down, and tried to figure it out--just fencing a portion of it. We bought wire and T-posts. But when we got home, realized the logistics just weren't there right now. So, we improvised and put up a small fence in the south pasture since the electric fence that we used for over 2 years quit. Now, how many guys will do something on a whim like that? What should have been an hour project took over 3. And, I know he had other projects he wanted to do. I'd have waited, but he thought it was important.

-------

While my "men-folk" are off hunting this weekend, I'm going to pamper myself. Kat and I are going to see family in Colo Springs. And I'm planning on shopping (with little money)...and eating Chinese at the mall...and talking and spending lots of time with Kel. Kel is probably the closest thing I have to a sister. We haven't spent time doing things alone in several years. We're due.

And yet, I'm worried about being gone from home for 3 days. I worry about not seeing, and maybe not talking to Kev. I'm worried my animals will need me--especially the chicks and Miss Monkey. My neighbors can care for them, but will they be able to do it as well as I can? Will they give Miss Monkey some lovin after her bottle? Will they remember to change the chick's water twice a day? I'm sure they will, but I can't stop worrying...

No comments: