Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Things about Christmas...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. I don't mind wrapping nice neat boxes, but anything else, gimme a bag.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. But I might think about a real one next year since we'll be close to the farm and can just cut a ceder tree...we'll see, haven't run that by Kev yet. On the other hand, Mom offered me her tree--6.5 foot with fiber optic lights...

3. When do you put up the tree? I usually do it Thanksgiving weekend. But with the move and all, we didn't put anything up. I did bring our tree to the College Library cause their tree fell down when we tried to set it up.

4. When do you take the tree down? January 1. The 6th at the latest.

5. Do you like egg nog? Yes, I do. I made some last year, but put to much rum into it. Undrinkable. Kev and Andy like that store bought stuff.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I really can't think of one gift that stands out. So, I'm going to go with all the homemade gifts that Grandma W. made me over the years. She'd embroidery pillowcases or tea towels or she's crochet pillows or blankets or rugs. Always something different, but always special.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I have at least 2, maybe more. One is Miss Kat's, one is one that I made in High School.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Kevin's folks and my folks and the grandparents.

9. Easiest person to buy for? This year, it was the menfolk. But usually it's Miss Kat. It's becoming harder to buy for Andy too. I like to get special gifts, something that you wouldn't normally buy, but also something that you need. I have to be practical!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? What are these? Are they something I should be sending out to people? Really? I like getting them, but hate sending them. This year, well, don't be lookin' for one, cause it just ain't happenin!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Gosh, maybe those crotchless pantyhose? Yeah, that's it. (You can read about it in the January 06 archive if you missed the crotchless pantyhose story.

12 . Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? No particular time, I usually start thinking about it in September. This year, it's haphazard at best. I'm thinkin' that everyone will be getting jars of pickles, jelly or salsa. So don't be disappointed gang!

14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope, don't think so. Can't remember doing so anyway!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mom's pecan pie. It's not as sweet as most pecan pies.

16 . Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored

17. Favorite Christmas song? Little Drummer Boy

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Whichever. I like having family come to our house, and I like going to their house. I just really like being with family.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither. I usually don't put anything on top. Mainly because most of my ornaments are Garfield ones and...well, I haven't found a star that I like and an angle surrounded by a fat orange cat seems...wrong.

21 . Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I think Kev and I both grew up with the tradition to open the presents on Christmas morning. We let the kids open one on Christmas eve though. But, we usually have 3 different Christmas celebrations, so it's often the week before, the week after, and Christmas day.

22 . Most annoying thing about this time of year? The mass of people shopping every weekend.

23. Favorite Christmas ornament? I think all my Garfield ornaments are special. Guess I don't have a favorite one.

24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Dessert

No comments: