Tuesday, May 05, 2009

a family of boneheads...

Yesterday morning, I got out a package of deer steak for supper. Andy got home a little after 4 p.m. and put it in the crock pot with a can of Cream of Mushroom soup. I thought it would be done by 6ish, and we'd enjoy it for supper.

It wasn't done at 6. It was done around 7ish, but by then, my family had mutinied and had already found something to eat. Andy unplugged the crock pot, but neglected to tell anyone. I was outside, working with Kev, as we planted some plants in the garden. We came in after 8, and had a snack. We both saw the crock pot, but neither of us thought anything of it.

Until this morning. Shortly after 6 a.m., Kev said "Guess what, there's still a crock pot full of deer steak sitting on the counter--unplugged."

Great. Just great.

Our cats are now enjoying the meal that I didn't serve my family last night. Instead, I intended to serve it to my family tonight. I have no idea what we are having to eat tonight.

See, we are boneheads! Andy is a bonehead for not telling anyone that he unplugged it. I'm a bonehead for not remembering to check it. Kev's a bonehead because he should have thought to remind me to put it in the fridge. Kat is a bonehead because she wasn't even involved, but maybe if she had been; it would have gotten put away.

sheesh.

No comments: