Monday, May 04, 2009

Spring

Kev and I drove down to the farm on Saturday evening. We had to get the camper brought home this week as Dad has cattle coming in and we really don't want a hundred steers using our camper as a scratching post.

We've had quite a bit of moisture these past couple of weeks, and everything is nice and green. The drive down was absolutely beautiful. As we drove down the county road, we even got to drive through water! See, there's a couple of creeks that run across the road, but they really only run when it's wet, so most of the year, they are dry. But right now, you get to drive through the creek! It makes me happy and excited. I wanted to stop and play in the water, but Kev said no.

Wildflowers are blooming, lilacs are blooming, trees aren't blooming, they didn't bloom well this year. Baby calves were running and playing in the pastures, baby horses were running and jumping. All signs of spring.

What's that you say? You'd sure like to see some pictures?

Sorry. Kat broke the digital camera. The shutter won't open. I priced a new one, but the one I really want is $750. It's just going to have to wait. I might get a cheap one and let Kat use it. Not sure yet...

So, without a camera, you'll just have to take my word about the green grass, the cute baby animals and the flowers. I guess I'll just have to play in the creek without you.

No comments: