Friday, January 27, 2006

Today is my birthday

Today is my birthday and I'm 42. This birthday snuck up on me. In the past, I've watched the calendar, and paid attention to how many days till my birthday. I'd think about how it will feel to be 21, or 25, 30, 40. But now, eehhh. It's another day. Really. I really could care less that it's my birthday. I came to work--like any other day. I work. We did have treats, but we do that every-so-often. Tonight, Andy will have a basketball game. I'll get to sit and watch him sit on the bench. Yipee. That's exciting. I'll fret about him wanting to play and not getting to. Then, we'll go home, get ready for bed and go. Might be some good nooky time, might not be. (I hope so, cause I like it!)

But, no real big parties, no special presents. Mom already got me some things that I needed and wanted (2 cross stitch kits which I'll use different fabric on, and some glass storage dishes for leftovers.) The kids never get me a gift. I'd rather Kev fix a couple of things at home rather than buy me something that I don't really need. (Unless it's those binoculars with digital camera built in, or boot blankets for hunting...) No cake, cause we won't be at home. No special supper, (same reason.) And, I really don't care. I even have to stop and think about how old I am. Age just doesn't matter. I feel good, I"m healthy. I have a wonderful marriage and good kids. I have a home I love. Pretty much normal. Why make a big deal about being a year older? It just doesn't matter. So, my life isn't really changing just cause I'm 42 today. And I'm ecstatic.

No comments: