Friday, February 02, 2007

Superbowl Sunday

The Superbowl is important to me. Not because I like football ,or like to watch the game, but because Kev kissed me for the first time during a Superbowl game.

Superbowl Sunday, 1989.

We'd been dating for two whole weeks and he hadn't kissed me yet. Heck, he hadn't even touched me. I was beginning to think that I just wasn't attractive to him, and that we'd probably end this relationship before it even got started. In fact, I remember telling Cindy, the gal who introduced us, that I didn't think he was interested because he hadn't kissed me yet.

And it's not as if there wasn't ample opportunity, we saw a great deal of each other, heck, we had been playing cards together with Lynn and Cindy for months. We'd just finally started "dating." So, I wasn't sure if we were doomed to be friends, or if we would evolve into a couple.

Anyway, Kev was hosting our Superbowl Party. Those attending: Lynn, Cindy, and me. That was it. Cindy and I made a ton of food simply because that's what you do on Superbowl Sunday. Eat. Eat lots of junk. Eat more junk. Maybe eat a little bit of veggies smothered in Ranch dressing, but eat. O yeah, and watch the game. (Who played again?)

I remember Kev and I sat beside each other on the couch and Lynn and Cindy sat somewhere else in the room. I guess they weren't real high on my remembrance scale, cause I really only remember sitting on the couch with Kev. Cause, he was (and still is) really cute. Then, at some point, he had me lean against his chest, sitting between his legs. I thought that was progress. But, knowing him, he probably just wanted to stretch out on the whole couch and had to put me somewhere!

Anyway, the game ended, Lynn and Cindy left pretty fast, and I stayed behind to help clean up. (Actually, I think the game was a blow-out and I think they left at half-time.) That's when it happened, he kissed me. Not once, but several times. I wasn't a goner for this guy yet, but it was a good start. At least he finally kissed me!

That's why Superbowl Sunday has a special place in my heart.

1 comment:

agent713 said...

What a great story!!!
Happy Superbowl to you! :)
~Heidi