Friday, January 07, 2011

5 weeks

Today is my last week day at home. Monday, I go back to work; five weeks and four days after my surgery. Am I eager or ready to go back to work? No...not really. I enjoy being at home and can find plenty to keep me busy. But, while I was recuperating, i managed to:read these seven books (plus one I'm still reading.) I watched 4 movies and several TV shows we had taped. Let me just say that daytime television is a huge disappointment.
I finished embroidering these tea towels. (I'd finished two before the surgery.)
I started and finished Baby Kate's sampler. Now I just need to get it in the mail for her.
I started this candlewicking project. I'm probably 1/2 way finished with it, and hope to finish it before the weekend is over.

I also stitched a little cross-stitch project of a cat standing on a stack of books for my office. (Don't know why I didn't get a picture of it.) Other work I accomplished was to can five quarts of salsa, two batches of Sandhill Plum Jelly and I made eight loaves of bread.

I assisted with butchering 50 chickens too. Well, I sat at the table, and wrapped the birds in freezer paper.

Can you just imagine what I'd accomplish in 5 weeks at home if I wasn't recuperating from surgery?



1 comment:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Sounds like you're feeling better!Don't know how you rested with all you accomplished! Bet you were missed at work! Glad you had the chance to get some stitching done - that's always good for the soul. So, what was your favorite from that pile of books you read? I'm an avid reader and am always looking for the next book to devour. "These is My Words" is next up.