Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I had to run home this morning from work. Why? Well, it appears that my lovely 10 year old daughter, Miss Kat, forgot her dance clothes. So, like a good, loving Mom, off I went to get them.

Now, last week was spring break. She spent all... week... long... cleaning her room. All week. Seven days. I gave up yelling on day 3. But, by day 5, it looked pretty good, just a little junk on her dresser and under her bedside table. I saw her dance bag on the floor, near the closet door. On Saturday, it disappeared. Great! I assumed she put it away, in the closet.

This morning, driving 10 miles home, I knew I could open the closet, grab the bag and be back to work quickly.

Wrong.

I strolled into the house, walked into the bedroom, opened the closet door.

And, I don't actually remember what happened next. My vision was red. I seem to have had some kind of black out. But, eventually, I did locate two dance shoes...both for the left foot. Miss Kat does have a left and right foot, but only two left shoes. There was no sign of the dance bag, which I'm hoping contains two shoes for the right foot...

Now for the dance leotard. I opened the dresser drawer...

and had another blackout.

I finally located a leotard, but had to search all drawers. I also had to search under the bed, before going back to the drawers.

I left a mess.

I'm going for the trashbags when I get home. I'm going to make someone very angry as I toss everything that was under the bed, on the floor, or in the closet into trashbags. I'm going to make someone go through her drawers and straighten them out. I'm also going to make someone find her dance bag.

I'll bet it takes a lot less time than seven days.

No comments: