Friday, March 31, 2006

Monkey



Our little girl has a name. Monkey. I didn't pick it, Miss Kat did. Here she is with a friend, J, who are feeding Monkey at the library. She's decided the bottle will work. She'd still prefer her momma, but will take the bottle well. Eats about a cup of milk 3 times a day right now. Next week, we'll try to keep that schedule and see how it goes from here. Next week, she will not come to work with me either.

My office smells "goaty" to me now. I've asked others at work, and all deny smelling anything.

Either they lie, or they really don't smell it! And we've had lots of visitors. I swear, 3/4 of the staff and faculty and been by to see Monkey. And when we go outside on "potty" breaks, we have lots of students who stop by to visit. Must be something about babies. Yesterday, there were several tours for prospective students. Imagine the looks on some faces as they saw a baby goat in the library! Suprise was evident, and curiosity, and then the ooohhhs and aaaawwweeesss.

After a bottle, all babies need to go on a walk. The kids took her outside for several minutes. I'm not sure who had the most fun--the goat kid or the human kids!

Friday is the last day that this little monkey gets to come to work with me. Should be an interesting day, as she'll also get to go to 4-H club days with us after school. That won't be an issue, 4-Hers are used to haveing livestock appear in unusual places. I'd guess they'll assume that someone is giving a project talk about goats.

One last picture for today!

No comments: