Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Kids and weekends

Twas a fantastic weekend.

Saturday was spent at the Ellis County Shooting Sports Competition. Andy decided to go in archery at the last minute--and asked MB to sign him up BEFORE asking his father or I.

Annoyed both of his parents in one fatal swoop.

MB, being the intelligent man he is, signed Andy up BEFORE telling us. I was slightly annoyed with him too.

But, I'm glad it happened this way. We learned alot. We got to watch Andy do a sport he loves and is very good at. We saw lots of potential for growth and improvement. It was a positive experience. Which, after this past basketball season we really needed! (Which was awful, and since the season is over, I've learned how bad the coach really was from parents of A-Team (varsity) players. My. anger. is. validated.)

Miss Kat decided--on friday--to substitute for one of the kids in BB gun. She loved it. Told us on the way home that she wants to do this again next year. Totally suprised and pleased her dad and I.

The suprise for me was seeing G&G. I went to college with them, we were close friends, and I haven't seen them in probably 14 years. Was so wonderful to see them. And, now I can look forward to seeing them at other shooting events.

Kev and I went to this event expecting to not like it, to be frustrated and irritated, as we often are at other sporting events. Instead, we had fun. We enjoyed watching our kids have fun. And, dang it, we want to shoot too!

But now, Andy needs a new recurve bow. Heavier, at least 40 lbs.

And Kat wants her own BB gun.

I see a change in our weekend plans.

No comments: