Friday, October 06, 2006

Who's tired?

I didn't sleep well last night. My bed was rather full, and I had some wild dreams. My bed was full of people and animals, but my hubby wasn't one of them.

You see, we've been trying to get to my folks' house, we've got a whole beef to pick up, and Andy found some Boar goats he wanted to buy. So yesterday, my boys took off for Englewood. Kev had been slow all week, in fact, he stayed home Tuesday because he didn't have any patients to see. The kids got out of school at 1:30 yesterday because of Parent-Teacher Conferences, and don't have school today. Perfect, Kev's slow, the kids are out of school. We planned.

Guess what, Wednesday night, Kev picked up 6 patients. S.I.X. In one day. But, he thought he could squeeze them in yesterday. Nope. He still has to see six people today, but we had planned this trip, we'd called, we committed ourselves. So this trip is a flying trip. The boys left town last night at 6. That put them at Mom and Dad's at 9:30. The newly revised plan is to get up early there, load up the 2 or 3 goats, get to Minneola early, get the beef and get their hineys home. Then Kev will rush around and go see his six people.

Last night, I called my Dad, gave him the revised plans. He then had to rush around, catch the goat owner, and figure out how to get the goats loaded early.

So what does all this have to do with my sleeping?

Well, since Kev was gone, Miss Kat took the opportunity to sleep with me. Fine, not a problem. But since Andy was gone, that meant that Emily, the Labrador, had to sleep with me. And since Kat was sleeping with me, that meant her Labrador, Midnight, had to sleep with me. The cats, Cutie and Chubs also chose to sleep with me. So, in our King sized bed, there was 1. Me. 2. Kat. 3. Emily. 4. Midnight. 5. Cutie. 6. Chubs.

Who did everyone have to touch? Me.

Who couldn't move, not even roll over? Me.

Who woke up 50 million times last night? Me.

Who got up at 5:30 when Cutie hissed and jumped Chubs, and woke up the dogs who then decided it was time to go outside? Me.

Who's tired? Probably everybody except Kat.

No comments: