Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thoughts on a snowy morning

I got a package delivered yesterday. But it didn't get to my house--instead, the FedEx guy delivered it to where I work. Only in small town America do they not only know where you live, but where you work!

Probably a good thing he didn't drive out. We had at least 1/2 an inch of ice on everything. The weather forcast said it would get worse. It didn't, but we all stayed home anyway. I filled the bathtub with water, filled the water jugs just in case the electricity went out. Kev brought up the generator so if the power did go out, we could plug in the pellet stove for heat. We were prepared. But the storm backed up and didn't get to us. It might hit today, it might not. But today, I chipped off ice from the car and drove in to work. Kev chipped ice of the diesel and drove his route.

Usually, when we all have a snow day, I spend the day baking, cleaning, puttering around the house. Not yesterday. I parked my butt on the couch and sat. I greatly enjoyed watching the Star Trek: Voyager marathon on SPIKE tv. I never got to watch this series when it was on UPN, because we didn't have UPN, so I really enjoyed being a couch potato. Every now and then, I'd think, "I need to make some cookies or Christmas Candy, or maybe some carmel corn." Or, "I think I need to whip up some more bath bombs for gifts." And, I'd just sit. So unlike me. I felt guilty for just doing nothing, and yet, I never got the gumption to get up and do something...

Sad part of having a day off...now Kev has to work this weekend, so he won't be going to my folks' for Christmas this weekend. I'm very disappointed about that.

It's also sad that the kids are home today and I'm at work. It's sad that they've called me 3 times in the last 5 minutes--fighting. It's sad for them that I'm not answering the phone anymore this morning.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone, I'll be out until mid-January on Christmas break!

No comments: