Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kev the birthday boy

Today is Kev's birthday. He's 40 something. He's 2 years older than I am, but somehow, in my mind, I'm still 42, so that makes him 44...even though I'm not 42 anymore. I just keep forgetting to add numbers to that, so he's really 44, no matter what the calendar says.

Being the good wife that I am, I made him a pie last night. He loves Sour Cream Raisin pie. I got my Aunt Lela's recipe and made one for him last year and another last night. I have to admit, it's a pretty pie, my crust came out beautifully. But, I won't be enticed to eat a bite, because I happen to believe that raisins are the nastiest fruit out there. I like grapes, but detest raisins. Kev likes it when I make this pie, because he will be the only one eating it. That's fine. It is his birthday, he deserves something special, just for him.

Because I'm such a good wife, I also got him a very special present. I bought him a rock. Yep, he got a rock for his birthday. Now, how many people get rocks for their birthday? No, not those rocks, no diamonds for my manly macho man, but a real, honest-to-god rock. A nice big 900 lb. Moss Rock. It's for our pond. Kev saw it at a local landscaping place and thought it would be perfect for his waterfall that he's going to put in this summer. (Maybe, he's got a long list before he gets to do the pond and stream with waterfall.) So, last week, we stopped by the landscaping place, on a day when we had the diesel in town, and picked it up. I told him then, that it is his birthday present because I didn't know what else to get him. He's fine with that. (We have got to be the most romantic people on earth.) So, for his birthday, he gets a 900 lb. rock and a nasty Sour Cream Raisin Pie.

We also have this family tradition that the birthday person gets to pick out what we have for supper. Since we have a band concert tonight (a 6th grade band concert, o joy,) Kev said he'd settle for brats and chips for supper. He can top it off with a piece of pie. Hey, it works for me!

Happy Birthday Babe!

No comments: