Monday, April 12, 2010

spring projects

I happen to be married to a man who always has to have a project or 2, or 3, or 10 to do. Now that it's spring, Kev's thoughts have turned from inside projects to outside projects.

The list so far includes...revamping the big pond...building a walkway from the porch around to the sitting area...the garden...the greenhouse...staining the house...build a pond for my Mom...doing some "honey-do projects for Mom...build me a deer blind...burn the house at the Hill...Clean up at the farm...plant a deer plot...move the stairs in the basement...get the boat running... rebuild my chicken pen...
I'm sure I'm forgetting one, or two. Thing is...sometimes he starts projects and then they sit there, waiting to be finished for years. And, eventually, most get completed, or revamped completely.

He did some work on his big pond last weekend. He dug the wall back and reset his rocks and added some new rocks. Then he had to work on his pump to make sure it pumped. He still needs to clean out the filter and get it running full time. Saturday, we ran to DC and picked up some lumber to build a walkway that will run from the sidewalk on the west side of the house around the little pond, over to our seating area by the big pond. We (and yes, I helped) then set the runners and started work on the walkway. It's going to be a wooden "sidewalk" with 3 nice "curves" in it. So far, we've managed to get it done about 1/2 way. But, we won't have time to work on it again for 2 weeks, so there it sits...waiting.

And, while we're working on this project, Kev is already planning on what he's doing next. I tell ya, I'm glad we had to go to work today...I needed the rest!

No comments: