Tuesday, March 02, 2010

the red oil lamp

I'm sure you are wondering why on earth I posted a picture of an oil lamp with a broken chimney. Well..see...it's another of my "old crap" items. This lamp, on this stand, hung in Grandma and Grandpa's bedroom--the "North" bedroom-- forever.
When I brought home the lamp, the chimney was intact. And then, I hung it on the wall, and somehow managed to break the chimney. I've looked online for a new chimney like this, and haven't found one yet. But, I'm still looking. Until then, I'm going to keep the broken chimney, because while it might look stupid, it looks even more stupid without the chimney.
The bracket is a light weight tin, but I know it's old, because the screws in it were "flat head" screws and Kev refused to use them when he hung it up for me. I've always liked the bracket and would really like to hang this out in the living room, or maybe even in the kitchen. I can see this attached to one of my cabinets right above the sink. But, before I move it, I've got to find a new chimney, and then I'll have to convince Kev to hang it up again in the kitchen.
Somehow, I don't see either being accomplished any time in the near future.



No comments: