Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Sewin' cards

When I was a little girl, one of my "toys" was a set of Sewing cards, or Lace-up Cards. I remember taking a plastic needle and yarn, and "sewing" my cards. After they were sewed, then I'd "rip" out my "stitches" and do it again. I don't know what happened to my cards, they probably got tore up and destroyed by that my little brother, who often destroyed my girly stuff.

He did! Once, I got perfume as a gift and he thought it stunk, so he poured it down the toilet. So, I know he destroyed my Lace-up cards too. Little brothers are nothing but a big pain...

Anyway, I found these in one of my Cross Stitch Catalogs--Keepsake Needlearts--

I knew immediately that I had to have these. Miss Kat saw them, and sewed up one...all by herself...after I showed her how to thread the needle and how to sew. (Sigh...this poor girl has a rotten mother...imagine, being 14 and not knowing how to sew...)

She did a nice job on her elephant. Mommy is soooooo proud of her baby girl.

Here's a few of the other cards.
I ordered 3 sets...one for me, and the little girls (the 3 year old girls) in the family will get a set for Christmas. We certainly don't want them to grow up and not know how to sew when they're 14!


2 comments:

Gina said...

If by 3 year old girls you mean Gabi and Chloe (and I assume you do) they will love them!

Shelljo said...

Yes, that's who I meant!