Wednesday, March 31, 2010

stitchin' update

Thought I'd update you on my "Reading dragon" project... All the cross stitching is finished. Right now, I'm working on Mr. Dragon's hair. Since I don't have a punch needle, and am not sure what to even buy to do it, I decided to do it using the Turkey stitch. Which works, but this was my first attempt at this stitch and it takes a lot of time.
The dark spots in his wing are metallic floss. The teddy bear is stitched with wisper floss--which is fuzzy. I'm really rather disappointed in the wisper floss, because once stitched, it's not as fuzzy as the "bare" floss is. I've back stitched the bear, but the rest of the picture still needs back stitched and beads and charms added.
Just a closeup of Mr. Dragon's hair. It's variegated floss. I could cut the loops, or leave them looped. I think I'll wait to see if I can fluff some before deciding if I want to cut his hair or not.

I took this side view so you could see the variation in height of the loops in the Turkey stitch.
I hope I can finish this soon. My goal is to have it finished over the weekend...stay tuned!


No comments: