Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Marriage Meme

From mezamashii

In honor's of Valentine's Day, I present the Marriage Meme!
Anyone who reads this & is married gets TAGGED!

1. Where / how did you meet?
I was invited to play Pitch with Kev, Lynn, and his wife Cindy. Cindy worked with me and she actually was trying to invite another co-worker, but I overheard "Do you know how to play pitch?" and piped right up and said "I do."

2. How long have you known each other?
We met in September-October 1989.

3. How long after you met did you start dating?
We didn't start dating until January 1990. (O yeah, that was SO long after we met...)

4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
Six looooonnnnnngggggg years. Six difficult years in which we dated, broke up, dated, should have broken up, had a child, still should have broken up, finally figured it out, moved in together and then got married.

5. How long was your engagement?
Almost 4 months. Christmas Eve 1994-April 15, 1995 (Hey, he finally admitted that I was the love of his life, he was gettin' married before he changed his mind!)

6. How long have you been married?
12 years.

7. What is your anniversary?
April 15, 1995 Or, as we like to say "Death and taxes day."

8. How many people came to your wedding reception?
75 or so. Fewer to the wedding, cause that was just family.

9. What kind of cake did you serve?
traditional white cake.

10. Where was your wedding?
We rented the Episcopal church because it was little and we were having a family only service. (And, Kev said our house was too little, cause I really wanted to get married in our house. Ok, I'll admit, he was right.)

11. What did you serve for the meal?
Fingerfoods that my MIL and I and Cindy and maybe even my Mom made.

12. How many people were in your bridal party?
I had Cindy as my Matron of honor. Kev had his brother Dan as his best man. Andy was our ringbearer and our niece, Cortney was flower girl.

13. Are you still friends with them all?
All but Cindy. She divorced us.

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
I don't think he did, but he was super serious when I expected him to be more light-hearted. I wanted him to stop being so serious and crack a joke or smile or something to make me less nervous.

15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
When we walked from the VFW to our house after lunch and Kev told me he wished he could have afforded to give me a gift. I didn't need one, but just knowing he wanted to do something special meant a lot. And when my Dad said "Are you ready Shug?" before walking me up the ailse.

16. Any funny moments?
Yes, when we opened our gifts from Kev's mom--a sexy nightie for me and wild boxers for Kev. I got so embarassed...because they screamed "SEX" and, gosh, I was innocent. Right? Right? Andy's conception was immaculate wasn't it? And, we'd lived together for almost a year, and during that year, we were...well behaved. Right? RIGHT? And, of course, my MIL has never had sex...so for her to GIVE me a sexy nightie was embarassing!

17. Any big disasters?
No, not that I can remember.

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
We waited until August when we went Camping with Lynn and Cindy.

19. How long were you gone?
5 days or so.

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
Nothing. It was so us.

21. Greatest strength as a couple?
We truely like each other and work on staying friends as well as a couple.

22. Greatest challenge as a couple?
We both tend to internalize our fears and not share them right away.

23. Who literally pays the bills?
Duh. Me. But Kev did do it for the first few years we were married. But, he reconciles the checkbook. I haven't done that in probably 15 years!

24. What is your song?
Keeper of the Stars

25. What did you dance your first dance to?
Keeper of the stars

26. Describe your wedding dress.
Off white tea length. Buttons down the front and a lace collar. Tie from the waist to the back like a bustle. I bought it 2 years before Kev proposed. I saw it and liked it and decided that IT was my wedding dress--even though I wasn't sure Kev would be the groom. I paid $75 for it.

27. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
Pink roses and carnations.

28. Are your wedding bands engraved?
Nope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a fun post.. I'll definately be back..

KC