Tuesday, September 30, 2008

stay-at-home mom

Today, my loving daughter told me that I should be a stay-at-home Mom.

Just so I could be at her beck-n-call. And, so I could go to all her games.

Thing is, I'd love to be a stay-at-home Mom and wife. I could so get into that. It's my life's ambition. Problem is, well, by the time we can afford for me to be a stay-at-home mom the kids will be grown and gone.

But, I'm willing to sacrifice and be just a stay-at-home wife!

Sigh. But, I'd bet that Miss Kat isn't willing to make the sacrifices we'd have to make for me to stay home. Selfish thing that she is. What would have to go would be the cell phones, and the satellite TV and the tractor and our wireless Internet. Kev would put his foot down at giving up the tractor. Miss Kat can't find her cell phone, but she'd revolt at giving up the TV and the wireless Internet. Andy would offer to pay for his own cell phone, but since he doesn't have a job anymore, well, that's out. And I'd hate giving up the TV too. I guess we all are just too selfish for me to be a stay-at-home mom.

So, I'll wait till the kids are gone and everything is paid off. Then, then, I can be a stay-at-home mom.

No comments: