Monday, March 30, 2009

Our blizzard of '09

We survived the Blizzard of '09.

Sure wish I had some photos to post, but Miss Kat has lost the camera again. I've decided that I'm just going to have to get her a camera of her own so that she'll leave mine alone!

Kevin decided we received more than 21 inches of snow. Of course it's hard to measure when you wind up with 6 foot tall drifts that are 8 to 10 feet across, and right next to them the ground is bare.

We measured the snow by using the bathtub. Yes, you read that right, the bathtub. See, the old bathtub is still sitting outside until we decide what to do with it. It's 21 inches deep, and the snow more than filled the tub. (It was protected from the wind.) I've always wondered how meteorologists measured the depth of snow when it blows around. I think they must have a bathtub of their own. Right?

We had a three day weekend, which was nice, but you all know me, right? So you know that we didn't relax and enjoy the time off, right? On Friday, I baked. I made Ham and Cheese pockets, Banana Bars, and Peanut Butter rolls (which are basically Cinnamon rolls but with peanut butter.) I also cleaned and did laundry. I even cooked...something...can't remember what it was...for supper.

On Saturday, I did more laundry and made a small pot of chili and Cinnamon rolls. Then, that afternoon, I laid tile. See, Kev spent the morning moving some snow, and digging us out. When he came in, we started on the tile job in the bathroom. He cuts the tiles, and I spread the mortar and laid the tiles. Six hours later, we finished. I was on my knees for 6 hours! And they are still red and tender today, two days later.

Yesterday, I grouted the tile. I borrowed Miss Kat's Volleyball Knee-pads. It was much easier on my knees that way. But, the tile is done in the bathroom. We've still got to enclose the tub, and replace the faucet. New faucet is on order, and Kev has started the enclosure.

Last night, we relaxed and decided that during the next blizzard, we're going to relax and enjoy the weather! Who believes me?

No comments: