Friday, March 13, 2009

the tub is in

I am the user of a brand new bath tub. Kev got the tub hooked up last night. We've got one minor drip from the drain that he's going to take care of soon, but it works!

I used it this morning. Granted, it took longer to fill, and we're looking at that. And, maybe the culprit is the "lavatory" faucet we got instead of getting one made for a tub. But we got this one because I couldn't find a tub faucet that didn't include a shower head. While we were at the store, we couldn't see why it would matter, but maybe it does, cause it took a good 15 minutes to get a decent amount of water in the tub. We're gonna check that out.

I did not run the whirlpool jets this morning. I'll have to make sure that sometime in the next few days I completely fill the tub and test the jets and make sure we don't have any leak in the hoses and such on the tub. That's going to be a huge sacrifice on my part. Imagine, filling a tub and running the jets just to check for leaks. Yeah, that will be sacrificial on my end, cause I'm gonna be in that tub when we're "testing" the jets. After all, it would be a waste of water and time to just let the tub run without anyone sitting in it. And, I can't waste water. It's totally against my nature, so as we're testing the tub, I'm gonna be sitting in it. Might have to get a glass of wine to test it thoroughly and completely too.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Kev was so tired last night after spending every night this week working on the tub. Most of the work was a "one person" job, so I didn't help much. Instead, I made cookies. We're taking next week off and are going camping at our local lake. So, if I don't post anything, you all will know why. I'll either be off having fun, or I'll be sittin' in the tub...testing it.

No comments: