Tuesday, March 24, 2009

scrapbooking

I got out my scrapbooking stuff last week.

I haven't touched any of it (other than to pack it up) in 2 years. I'm so far behind it's pitiful. So, I got it all out and started working on Andy's albums. I'd like to have them all caught up by graduation.

I started working, and immediately got frustrated. Some of my tools are AWOL. Some of my paper is AWOL. Stickers? I have no idea where they are. I know that I had several packs in inventory, but where they are now I have no idea. Pens? I found most, but for some reason most of my bold tip pens are AWOL. Where on earth did they go?

It was frustrating. And, then my creative juices went AWOL. I think they are with the missing stickers. If my life had depended on it, I could not think of anything to do with any thing I had.

But, I muddled through Andy's sophomore year stuff and started on his JR year. But...I know I should have had some fair pictures for the sophomore year...of goats and pigs. Where were they? And where are the pictures from last fall--when Andy got 4th at State in Trap shooting? and I know I should have some of basketball and track...where are they?

I got so frustrated that I put Andy's stuff away and decided I'd just do the 8 x 10 photos in the big album. And, I decided to do Kat's pictures. Only, I can't find the photo from last spring. I just had the dang thing. Where did it go? And I still wasn't feeling very creative.

And I feel tremendous pressure to get caught up! heck, I have more crap...I mean stuff to put in Kat's albums than I have for Andy's! And I even have stuff to put in our central family album.

And you know, I've always liked scrapbooking. I like to do it. So what's the matter with me now? Why can't I get back into the swing of things? Why isn't it just falling together? Gaaa. I'm frustrated. Maybe some of my old scrapbooking friends need to come over and work with me. Maybe then, I'll get motivated again.

No comments: