Friday, April 11, 2008

Busy times

Today, I'm tired. It's been a very long week for we at the Huelsman home. (I tried to think of something clever, like Huelsman Chateau, or farm or mansion or...something. Nothing sounded right...)

anyway...I'm tired.

Kev and I have spent almost every free second working on the chicken mansion. But, last weekend, we had "the PROM" and we both had to work and I had shooting sports. Monday night, we worked, but Tuesday night, we had to stay in Dodge because there was an "Employee Appreciation Banquet" at the college. (Imagine, some businesses have such a thing as an "Employee Appreciation Banquet" I can tell you that CCC NEVER recognized anything we employees did. In twenty years, I once got a chocolate bar for working there 15 years or so...but every single employee got a chocolate bar that day too, it certainly wasn't a banquet! I digress...)

At the banquet, I had to present an award for my one employee for her 10 years of service to the school. I felt pretty awkward doing so, because, after all, I've only worked there 5 months! (again, I digress...) So, we got home from the banquet around 8:30, too late to do anything other than yell at the kids for not feeding their animals and for not cleaning up the kitchen.

Wednesday, I went to a conference in Wichita. I came home today. Conferences are not relaxing, meetings, driving in downtown Wichita, traffic, lots and lots of people, hotels, rain, meal tickets, taking notes, networking, sleeping alone, in a strange...Not relaxing at all. I did ok, and I needed to go, but I hate going because my family seems to fall apart without me...or maybe I'm so controlling that I just think things fall apart without me.

But, Andy had some Academic Olympics on Wednesday...and a Field Trip on Thursday...and a Track Meet today. Miss Kat had youth group on Wednesday, and Gymnastics on Thursday and today, she and her dad had to figure out how to get her to school since Andy had to be at the school at the Ungodly hour of 4:30 a.m. this morning, and Kev had an early patient, so he also had to leave early.

Kev's just had work this week, but he did have to juggle this morning, which he HATES having to do! And I hate not being here to "supervise" and make sure everyone gets where they need to be when they need to be there. But, really, that's always been MY role. I'm the calender keeper, the schedule keeper, the master of all the strings.

They did fine, but I know that my being gone made them all...step up.

So, now it's Friday. I get to slow down for a while. But, with it being the end of the school year, the kids are going to keep busy, which means, Kev and I will still be busy, but this week has just felt like overload.

(Oh, I might get to slow down, but as we speak, Kev is turkey hunting with a couple of buddies, Kat and I are planning on going shopping tomorrow with my it really hasn't slowed down much.) Sigh.

No comments: