Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The much promised pictures part 1

Finally, the much promised pictures! I even had to make a special trip to town for batteries for the camera, because, apparently, I'm the only one who knows how to put them back in the charger. This first shot is of the floor that's made of lumber we salvaged from Grandad's place. It's thicker than the grainry wood I've seen, but it is tongue and groove. I wonder if it's from the barn, which blew away in the tornado. It's tight. It's locked together for many more years. (Please excuse the chicken poop. They aren't litter box trained yet.)


This shot is of my fancy schmancy step into the chicken mansion. Yep, nothing but the finest, most stable steps for accident-prone me! These were personally cut and set by my loving, wonderful hubby. He always thinks of my safety.

This shot is of the NEW and improved latch for the door. Need I say any more about the latch? The door will someday be green. I'm waiting for the wind to stop blowing before I finish painting. And for the smarty-pants people who are thinking, "Does the wind ever stop blowing in Kansas?" The answer is YES. it does stop. Usually between the hours of Midnight and 6 a.m. But, sometimes, it blows even then.


Oh, the camera was set for Sepia tones. I didn't notice that outside, in the bright sunlight, but, for chicken house pictures, that rustic feel is appropriate.

No comments: