Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I want it Wednesday

What I want today is rather radical.

Today, I want people to stop saying "Obama, the first black president" and start saying "Obama, the President-elect." Cause, technically, the media should be saying "Obama, the first bi-racial President".

Let's not emphasize the "difference" and simply move forward. Cause, I've never cared if he was black, white, purple or green. And, here's a question for those of you who were around when Kennedy, "the first Catholic President" was elected. Was that the headline? Was his catholicism such an issue? Are we a society that has to note the differences? If McCain had won, would the newspapers say "McCain, the first Vietnam Vet President?"

So, today, let's ignore the "black" part and just look at the man who is the President-elect.

That's what I want today.

No comments: