Thursday, January 22, 2009

Drama

I know I've said it before, but Miss Kat is a drama queen. Wait, that should read

DRAMA Queen.

This morning, at 7:45, my phone rings. I handed the phone to Kev to answer cause I was busy switching places with Patrick and moving his drivers seat up about 4 feet so I could reach the pedals. I didn't have time to answer my phone. So, Kev answered and was told...

"This is an emergency, I need to talk to Mom."

The "emergency" was that she couldn't get the computer to power up and her Ipod needed to be charged, and itwouldn'tchargeifshecouldn'tgetithookeduptothecomputer.

Now, I ask you, what can I do, I'm 30 miles away. I can't see the computer. I don't know why it wouldn't boot up. I can't diagnosis the problem while driving someone else's car in morning traffic.

Which, made Miss Kat angry. My solution, use Andy's computer to charge the Ipod.

Less than 5 minutes later, the phone rang again.

"Mom! My Ipod's ruined. RUINED. I can't get the computer to come up and I can't get my Ipod cord to work on Andy's computer. What do I do???? I need you to fix it. What will I do without my Ipod? I need it, and thestupidcomputerisn'tworking."

My reply, "Kat, this isn't a crisis. We'll look at it tonight. Your Ipod is fine, and if it isn't, it's still under warranty. If it isn't charging, the problem is probably in the cord. It might have a short in it. I'll look at it when I get home tonight."

"But I need it NOW."

... ... ...

Let's just say that right now, I'm not my daughter's favorite mother, cause I basically said "Tough" and hung up.

We also had drama last night, because I asked Kat to take some photos of us working on the rock wall so I could blog about that. She took the pictures and I asked her to upload them to the computer. But, she couldn't find the cord, and I was informed that I needed to learn how to do it myself.

So, when Kat finds the cord, and "teaches" me how to upload the photos, I'll post about our wall.

Oh, and don't tell Miss Kat this, but... I already know how to upload the photos...it's just easier to make her do it!

No comments: