I feel like I'm slacking.
And yet, over Christmas break, I read 7 books and finished 2 cross stitch projects, and did all the home projects and even found time to go hunting...3 times.
So, I shouldn't feel like a slacker, should I.
I've only got one book waiting on me at home. It's titled "Dewey" and it's about a cat who lived in a library for 20 years. I've got a list a mile long that I want to read, but haven't yet.
So, in case you are curious to see what I've actually read this year, here's my list, with notes:
- Drums of Autumn
- Fiery Cross
- Breath of Fire and Ashes all of these are by Diana Gabaldon who's one of my favorite authors. I frequently have to have a Jamie and Claire fix. Hey, I can't convince Kev to wear a kilt, so I need a fix somehow!
- Alice: Alice Roosevelt Longworth by Stacy A. Cordery
- Escape by Carolyn Jessop
- Strangers in Death by JD Robb
- Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts
- Sojourn Sorcerer's tale by Edginton Land this one is a graphic novel. I like graphic novels!
- Trapp Family Singers by Maria Von Trapp I've also read this one before.
- Chronicles of Narnia by C S Lewis another series I've read before. I guess I could count this as reading 7 separate books, since they are separate books...
- Dragon Harper by Anne McCaffrey yet another re-read. Anne is another favorite author.
- Memories Before & After the Sound of Music by Agathe Von Trapp
- Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer
- Beowulf graphic novel by Neil Gaiman
- Beowulf: graphic novel by Gareth Hinds
- Encyclopedia of Country Living by Carla Emery
- Sojourn Berzerker's Tale by Edginton Land another graphic novel
- New Moon
- Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer the infamous Twilight series. They were OK. But I'm not in love with these like so many teens and even adults. Like I said, they were...OK.
- Sara Johnson's Mount Vernon by Scott E. Casper
- Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall
- Except for Me and Thee by Jessyman West I last read this as a 7th grader and was curious about how I'd feel about it as an adult.
- Tall Woman by...I didn't write down the authors name...bad me.
- Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer I liked Meyer's first "adult" novel much better than I did her Twilight series.
- Dawn's Early Light by Elswyth Thane
- Yankee Stranger by Elswyth Thane I intended to read all of this series again. It was another series I'd read in Jr High/High School. But, unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this series as much this time. I made it through 4 of the 6 books...
- Tribute by Nora Roberts
- Ever After by Elswyth Thane
- Light Heart by Elswyth Thane
- Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer Now this last titles in the Twilight series was much more enjoyable than the other three.
- Dragonlance chronicles 2,3A and 3B by Weis & Hickman Well, here's another 3 to add...These are graphic novels based on the original book series.
His Favorite Wife by Susan Ray LeBaron
Blood Covenant by Rena Chynoweth
Ranger's Apprentice: Books 1-4 John Flanagan These are a series introduced to my by young Mr. Tate. They are YA books for boys, and just happen to be master Archers. I like them, but they are YA books!
- Rett Butler's People by Donald McCaig
- Circles of Stone by Joan Dahr Lambert This one is another one I've read at least twice. It just makes me think, and I like that.
- Scourge of God by SM Stirling
- Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
- 19th wife by David Ebershoff
It sucks to be me by...crap, I'm a librarian. Why don't I always write down authors? This is another YA book that I read cause it's been popular with my college girls...
- Suite 606 by JD Robb
- Salvation in Death by JD Robb
- In the Serpent's coils
- By venom's sweet sting
- Between Golden jaws
- Maiden of the Wolf
- Queen of the Masquerade
- Oracle of the Morrigan by Tiffany Trent. These last 6 are all by Tiffany Trent. Another YA series I bought for the library, and they are being read by girls. They are interesting and very different. There will be 4 more titles in this series that I'll have to buy and read over the next year or so.
- Pagan Stone by Nora Roberts
That's it. If anyone has any questions about any books I've listed (or if you know that I left one out that I recommended to you, then let me know; cause I like to be accurate...