Wednesday, January 07, 2009

My reading list...if you care!

I keep a record of all the books I've read during a year. In 2008, I only read 52 books. Now, I realize that that averages to one book a week, but there have been years when I've read over 100 books a year.

I feel like I'm slacking.

And yet, over Christmas break, I read 7 books and finished 2 cross stitch projects, and did all the home projects and even found time to go hunting...3 times.

So, I shouldn't feel like a slacker, should I.

I've only got one book waiting on me at home. It's titled "Dewey" and it's about a cat who lived in a library for 20 years. I've got a list a mile long that I want to read, but haven't yet.

So, in case you are curious to see what I've actually read this year, here's my list, with notes:
  • Voyager
  • Drums of Autumn
  • Fiery Cross
  • Breath of Fire and Ashes all of these are by Diana Gabaldon who's one of my favorite authors. I frequently have to have a Jamie and Claire fix. Hey, I can't convince Kev to wear a kilt, so I need a fix somehow!
  • Alice: Alice Roosevelt Longworth by Stacy A. Cordery
  • Escape by Carolyn Jessop
  • Strangers in Death by JD Robb
  • Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts
  • Sojourn Sorcerer's tale by Edginton Land this one is a graphic novel. I like graphic novels!
  • Trapp Family Singers by Maria Von Trapp I've also read this one before.
  • Chronicles of Narnia by C S Lewis another series I've read before. I guess I could count this as reading 7 separate books, since they are separate books...
  • Dragon Harper by Anne McCaffrey yet another re-read. Anne is another favorite author.
  • Memories Before & After the Sound of Music by Agathe Von Trapp
  • Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer
  • Beowulf graphic novel by Neil Gaiman
  • Beowulf: graphic novel by Gareth Hinds
  • Encyclopedia of Country Living by Carla Emery
  • Sojourn Berzerker's Tale by Edginton Land another graphic novel
  • Twilight
  • New Moon
  • Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer the infamous Twilight series. They were OK. But I'm not in love with these like so many teens and even adults. Like I said, they were...OK.
  • Sara Johnson's Mount Vernon by Scott E. Casper
  • Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall
  • Except for Me and Thee by Jessyman West I last read this as a 7th grader and was curious about how I'd feel about it as an adult.
  • Tall Woman by...I didn't write down the authors name...bad me.
  • Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich
  • The Host by Stephenie Meyer I liked Meyer's first "adult" novel much better than I did her Twilight series.
  • Dawn's Early Light by Elswyth Thane
  • Yankee Stranger by Elswyth Thane I intended to read all of this series again. It was another series I'd read in Jr High/High School. But, unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this series as much this time. I made it through 4 of the 6 books...
  • Tribute by Nora Roberts
  • Ever After by Elswyth Thane
  • Light Heart by Elswyth Thane
  • Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer Now this last titles in the Twilight series was much more enjoyable than the other three.
  • Dragonlance chronicles 2,3A and 3B by Weis & Hickman Well, here's another 3 to add...These are graphic novels based on the original book series.
    His Favorite Wife by Susan Ray LeBaron
    Blood Covenant by Rena Chynoweth
    Ranger's Apprentice: Books 1-4 John Flanagan These are a series introduced to my by young Mr. Tate. They are YA books for boys, and just happen to be master Archers. I like them, but they are YA books!
  • Rett Butler's People by Donald McCaig
  • Circles of Stone by Joan Dahr Lambert This one is another one I've read at least twice. It just makes me think, and I like that.
  • Scourge of God by SM Stirling
  • Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
  • 19th wife by David Ebershoff
    It sucks to be me by...crap, I'm a librarian. Why don't I always write down authors? This is another YA book that I read cause it's been popular with my college girls...
  • Suite 606 by JD Robb
  • Salvation in Death by JD Robb
  • In the Serpent's coils
  • By venom's sweet sting
  • Between Golden jaws
  • Maiden of the Wolf
  • Queen of the Masquerade
  • Oracle of the Morrigan by Tiffany Trent. These last 6 are all by Tiffany Trent. Another YA series I bought for the library, and they are being read by girls. They are interesting and very different. There will be 4 more titles in this series that I'll have to buy and read over the next year or so.
  • Pagan Stone by Nora Roberts

That's it. If anyone has any questions about any books I've listed (or if you know that I left one out that I recommended to you, then let me know; cause I like to be accurate...

Yeah. right...

2 comments:

agent713 said...

Thanks for sharing your list. It's interesting to see what other's are reading.

How do you keep track though? I always try but then I miss a bunch so I give up.

Shelljo said...

I just use an excel spreadsheet and try to remember to update it! I do pretty well...most of the time!